Strong school and family partnerships are integral to the academic, social, and emotional well-being of our students. We welcome our parents, guardians, and families to be involved with their child's schools as volunteers, advocates, and partners in education. There are many ways for parents and families to be engaged in a child's learning experience:
- Participate in parent/teacher conferences to learn about your child's academic progress and how you can support learning at home;
- Attend school events when your schedule allows; or
- Ask your child's teachers or school leaders how you can be helpful in the school community!
Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Central High School's alumni have joined together to establish the Tulsa Central High School Foundation, Inc. This organization not only provides awards for outstanding students, but also donates for student performances, travel expenses for student workshops and competitions, and special requests for classroom needs.
Donations are always welcome and appreciated.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Achieving Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
[Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases (ACE por sus siglas en Inglés)
Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo]
- Parent Guide (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Parents' Right To Know | Spanish
- El Derecho a Saber de los Padres (Versión en español)